Monday, February 27, 2012

When it rains, go to the Man Well


I'm not going to pretend like I'm a weather-hardened East Coaster. Running in the rain sucks. Never liked it, never will. I didn't move to San Diego because I love treadmill running and my skin is sun-sensitive. I'm here because it rains fewer times per year than it does per month in New England. The weather is mild enough that unless there is wildfire ash in the air, you will find me running outside.

Unfortunately tonight was cold, rainy and dark. But I really wanted to run and have some good thinking time, so I decided to man up and call on some of my Man Motivators.

No. 1: Watch a few minutes of Full Metal Jousting.


No. 2: Listen to some old Metallica.



No. 3: RRS Gortex Jacket

Result . . . 4-mile run through Balboa Park complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment